Golf Bag Warehouse
GolfBagWarehouse.com E-Commerce Website
Custom magento e-commerce website for Las Vegas Golf Bag & Golf Accessory E-tailer golfbagwarehouse.com.
- Per-Item Shipping
- Free Shipping (per item)
- Custom Color Switcher for Configurable Products & Available Colors Preview Swatches
- Custom “On Sale” Tag in Category & Product Detail Page
- Custom “New” Image & Label for New Products
- Label Brands Carousel (Home Page)
- Automatic Brand Logo Display on Product Detail Page
- Automatic Free Shipping Image on Product Detail Page
- Custom Display for New Products on Home Page
- Custom On-Sale / Specials Landing Page
- Custom Menu with Option to Display Ads & Banners
GolfBagWarehouse.com – golfing’s premier website for viewing, comparing and purchasing quality golf bags, golf travel bags and related golf equipment – from name brand manufacturers including Bag Boy, Bennington, Burton, Callaway, Datrek, Nike, Ogio, SKB, TaylorMade and more.
GolfbagWarehouse.com Custom Features / Custom Magento Development
– First, magento does not natively support per-product fixed shipping rates (only the value given in the configuration’s Flat Rate – if enabled)
– Second, Free Shipping must only apply to orders within the Continental US
We solved it by:
– Creating new attributes (Free Shipping – Yes/No, Shipping for lower 48, and Shipping to Alaska & Hawaii)
– Creating a Shopping Cart Rule checking for the “Free Shipping” Attribute and applying the Free Shipping Discount to the matching products
– Creating a modified Carrier file in magento’s local Shipping Model which applies the newly created attribute’s (Lower 48 or Alaska/Hawaii) value if Free Shipping does not apply.
Everything from “Acid” to “Zebra”, from “Bluebinski” to “Swan/White Argyle” and hundreds of others are the selections available.
Theoretically, we could simple list all these options in an endless list of colors, but let’s be honest — do customers really search for them or even know about them? Would you have known that “Acid” is.. well.. best described as “lime green”?
We wanted to make the color selection process easy and error-proof for our client’s website, the manufacturers and – of course – the users.
The implementation was a multi-step process, and we achieved it by:
– Creating a new attribute as the base for Configurable Products
– Importing the list of available color combinations via a shell script to this attribute
– Linking the Associated Product’s image via the image label to a “regular” color (pre-defined list).
– Modifying the code of the product detail’s template to check for the image’s label and finding the associated “custom color” Super-Attribute
The Brands Carousel on the Homepage is a Static Block, which allows easy changes and modifications.